Thursday, July 24, 2014

Thursday thoughts

Ok, ok... So, I missed yesterday's posting of my weigh-in, but I have a good excuse.  I've been attending an AP French Language and Culture Institute workshop this week from 8:00-4:30 and yesterday, I had every intention of coming home and writing.  But, that just didn't happen.  My stomach revolted against me yesterday and I just didn't feel well at all yesterday.  So please forgive!

I did weigh-in yesterday and here it is: 279.8.  That means that since this journey started on June 30 that I am down 11 pounds!  Can I get a WOOHOO, people??  :-)

With that being said, I had really built up in my mind that the number was going to be even lower, so here is what I've decided to do from here on out.  I'm going to weigh on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month.  I think that seeing a 2 week progress is going to be more motivating to me than seeing small progress every week.  Some of you are probably different and want to see every little tenth of a pound difference as it comes off.  That's what makes each of our journeys special and unique.  For me, with such a long way to go, I know that I can get discouraged really quickly, so I will keep to the twice monthly weigh-ins.

OK- a follow up to last week's post about how I gave up Diet Coke.  I neglected to mention that I did not have any of the side effects that are typically noted with caffeine withdrawal.  I didn't have any headaches, which was what I really feared, nor was I especially tired.

Now this week, since I was keeping to more of a 'working' schedule (getting up at 5:30 and working from 8-4:30), I wanted something that would help keep me energized since I was no longer drinking Diet Coke.  I do not drink coffee and I don't like iced tea.  Hmmm... what to do.  Well...  I turned to my Young Living Essential Oils and in my reference manual, I read than a drop of Frankincense and a drop of Peppermint on the soles of the feet in the morning would help to keep me energized throughout the day.
These 2 oils are going to keep me energized? For realz?
Let me tell you- if you told me this at this time last year, I would've laughed and reached for a 5 hour Energy drink or something super unhealthy.  But I have seen how the Young Living Oils have worked in the lives of my friends and already in my life, so I gave it a try.  Y'all, IT WORKED!  I did not get overly tired or feel like I needed a nap during the day.  I was able to get through my work each day and even run a few errands, watch TV with my husband at night, and then go to bed at 10:00 pm and get a good night's sleep.  

Next up, I will be trying a combination of oils to help with appetite control.  Stay tuned, friends!

2 comments:

  1. You better believe you can get a "WOO HOO!" Love your weigh in idea! You're a ROCKSTAR!!!!!

    ReplyDelete